Tuesday 3 April 2018

Paragraph 4 Movie Review

PARAGRAPH #4:  What group of people would like this movie?  Who would you recommend it to? Who would you not recommend it to?  What’s the MPAA rating of the movie (G, PG, PG-13, R, etc…)? What is your final word on the film:  Is it good or bad? Give the movie a score. You can do grades (A,B,C,D,F+ or -), stars (*** out of *****), numbers (3 out of 5) or something totally original…  just don’t use “thumbs up” or “thumbs down.”


My Example:


This movie is PG, a rating which might run off some of the older crowd, but it’s truly a movie for everyone.  Most films geared for children these days depend on lame, pop-culture references and gas-passing jokes in a patronizing attempt to entertain the younger masses.  This movie rises above all of that to become one of the most watchable non-Disney film for children since 1993’s “Searching for Bobby Fischer.” Your date might resist going, but try to talk them into it.  They won’t regret it and neither will you.


Scale of 1-5:


Needed for paragraph 4

Do I say who would like this movie?
Do I recommend it to anyone?
Do I give it a rating?
Do I put down my final thought?
Do I have a concluding sentence?

No comments:

Post a Comment