Friday 1 September 2017

Welcome Back

Welcome Back!


I am excited to work with all of you and to be back at Moraine Hills! This year I will be teaching Grade 4/5 in the morning and Grade 1 in the afternoon. This past summer was a different one for me, normally I spend my summers outside hiking, canoeing, gardening, and training for obstacle course races or CrossFit Competitions. Due however to a hip injury and pec tear I had to spend a good amount of my summer resting a relaxing. This allowed me to focus more on coaching others and get a head start on my year long obsession with reading. I was able to read "Haunted", "What If", "Shi-shi-etko" and "Becoming a Supple Leopard" among others. I also spent a little more time playing Zelda Breath of the Wild then I should admit. 


Since I will be learning about you I thought it would be only fair if you learn something about me.  I was born in Nobleton and have spent 24 of my 26 years living there. I am the youngest of two  children having only an older sister.  As a child  my largest influences were nature,  Batman,  I currently own over 100 Batman graphic novels, and of course sports. My biggest influence during my teenage years were my experiences at camp. From working at a summer camp, I discovered I wanted to be a teacher and I loved spending time in the great outdoors. Most of my down time right now is either spent learning all I can about being a teacher or working on my hip recovery so I can get back to Crossfit and all the sports I love.

Our class quote for the year is "I am going to do today what others are not willing to so I can do tomorrow what others can't". For me nothing beats hard work whether in the classroom, the gym or anything you are interested in I am always looking for your best effort, Lets make the next 200 days great!

No comments:

Post a Comment